RTS Solutions (UK) Limited (“RTS”, “us” or “we”) will not collect any personally identifiable information about you (i.e. your name, address, telephone number, or email address) unless you provide it to us voluntarily.
Given that the internet is a global environment, using the internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing this website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
In some cases, we may collect information about you that is not personally identifiable. This type of information includes the type of internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using and the domain name of the website from which you linked to our site or advertisement. RTS is the Data Controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act.
Data Protection Act (1998) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
This Act requires that we inform you that any confirmation by e-mail may include information about you (this is called ‘personal data’ in the Act) and that we are a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Act.
We will process any feedback you give us about this website. We will only use this information to improve this website.
We may disclose any data obtained to any person or organisation for the purposes for which it was collected or where the Act allows disclosure. As a data subject, you have the right to ask for a copy of the data and to ask for any inaccuracies to be corrected.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), effective 1st May 2018 onwards, personal data is defined as: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
Why does RTS need to collect and store personal data?
Only after contacting you to seek your consent, we collect and store personal data for marketing purposes and are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
Will RTS share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to RTS in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with RTS procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will RTS use the personal data it collects about me?
RTS will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. RTS is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will RTS contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
RTS at your request can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If RTS does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of RTS or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country (a country outside the EU) or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
RTS accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill (from last 3 months)
Amendments to the Security and Privacy Statements
If this security and privacy statement changes in any way, we will place an updated version on this page. By reviewing this page it ensures you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances if any, we will share it with other parties.